What is a Montessori School?
In a Montessori school, there are many hands-on learning opportunities for children, and they are encouraged to focus on activities that they find interesting. Unlike traditional school, where students in the same grade generally follow a set course of study, homeschooling allows students to customize their learning experience.
Montessori schools recognize that not all children learn in the same way or at the same time, and that each child is unique.
In the early 1900s, Dr. Maria Montessori created the Montessori Method in her home in the town of Montessori, Italy. It's a method of education that emphasizes the importance of allowing children to take the lead in their own learning, as well as the importance of fostering a sense of self-reliance in their students.
When it comes to education, Dr. Montessori believed that children learn better when they are able to choose what they want to learn. Your expectations of what a classroom in a Montessori school looks like are likely to be exceeded.
What is Different about a Montessori School?
There are as many factors to consider when deciding on the best educational setting for your child as there are to consider when making that choice. There are many advantages to sending your children to a public school because they are close by and because the teaching methods are well known to the majority of parents. The Montessori Method of education, which has been around for more than a century, is the most widely used.
Benefits of Montessori Learning
- Improved Social Interaction
- Hands-On Learning
- Independent Learning
- Better Equipped to handle Special Needs
- Ability for student to learn at own-pace
Popular Classroom Activities for Montessori Schools?
- Opening Bottles
- Washing Windows
- Classification Cards
- Woodworking Kits
Why are Children’s Woodwork Kits Good for Montessori School Classrooms?
Our SparkJump woodworking kits and kids tool sets are perfect tools and gifts for a Montessori Classroom setting. Our DIY kits encourage children to think critically while building lifelong skills. Shop our bestsellingDIY Woodworking Kits for Children below:
- Original Birdhouse Woodwork Kit
- Jr. Birdhouse Woodworking Kit
- Candy Tower Woodworking Kit for Kids
- Minifigure Shelf and Brick Building Tray
- Kids Deluxe Tool Set with REAL Tools!
- Kids Canvas Woodworking Apron
What is special about SparkJump woodworking kits?
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Get ready for endless woodworking fun. The pack includes Cedar shaker shingles, high-quality wood glue, 7 pre-cut unfinished cedar pieces, decorative half wood slices, cedar handcrafted windows and chimney, 30 nails, eye hooks, sandpaper pieces, and a starter pack of bird feed.
- FOSTER PRACTICAL LIFE SKILLS: Reinforce your children’s fundamental engineering skills and fine-tune their motor skills. Parents, grandparents, and adults can inculcate life skills in children of all ages through STEAM education. Unlike other craft kits, Spark Jump has real wood without pre-drilled holes so that the skills to build real things can be developed. This means some assistance and supervision is required to complete the project. Intended for ages 5+ with adult supervision.
- BUILD MEMORIES TOGETHER: Get them away from screens! This is an activity you can do together as a family and a chance for real conversations, laughs, and memories that can last a lifetime. Your bird house project is great for boys and girls 5 and up.
- MADE WITH LOVE IN THE USA: We design, cut, assemble, and packageevery kit in our woodshop based in Texas. All our lumbar is responsibly sourced, and your purchase supports quality jobs at home. The durable, weatherproof wood guarantees years of use.
- THE PERFECT GIFT: Whether it´s a birthday or Christmas gift, a project for your maker space or Montessori classroom, or simply as something fun to do on a lazy Sunday you will love making this with your kids, grandkids, or student